Published on April 27, 2017
If you enrolled in a 2017 health plan, you must pay your
to your health insurance company, not to the Health Insurance Marketplace®. Your coverage won’t start until you do.
How do I pay my premium?
- Insurance companies handle payments differently and set their own payment deadlines.
- Follow the instructions from your insurer about how and when to make your premium payment.
- If you haven’t received details on how to pay, contact your insurer.
How do I know if I paid?
- Call your insurance company directly to confirm your payment status.
- Find their phone number on your plan brochure or their website.