Published on January 11, 2018
If you didn’t enroll in Marketplace health insurance during the 2018 Open Enrollment Period, you may still be able to get coverage two ways:
If you qualify for a Special Enrollment Period
- You may qualify for a if you or anyone in your household got married, had a baby, adopted a child, or had a household move in the past 60 days.
- See the full list of life events that make you eligible.
- Not sure you qualify? Answer a few fast questions to find out.
Through Medicaid or the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP)
- Medicaid and CHIP provide free or low-cost health coverage to millions of Americans, including some low-income people, families and children, pregnant women, the elderly, and people with disabilities.
- If you’re eligible, your coverage can start right away, any time of year.
- Learn how to apply for Medicaid and CHIP.