Published on December 16, 2018
If you missed the Open Enrollment deadline and didn’t enroll in 2019 Marketplace health insurance, you may still be able to get coverage for 2019 two ways:
Enroll in or change 2019 plans with a Special Enrollment Period
- If you experience certain life changes, like losing health coverage, getting married, or having a baby, you may be eligible for a . This means you may be able to sign up for health insurance at other times during the year.
- See the full list of life events that may qualify you for a Special Enrollment Period.
- Not sure whether your life event qualifies? Answer a few questions to find out.
Apply for Medicaid or the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) any time of year
- Medicaid and CHIP provide free or low-cost health coverage to millions of Americans, including some people with limited income, families and children, pregnant women, the elderly, and people with disabilities.
- If you qualify, your coverage can start right away, any time of year.
- Learn how to apply for Medicaid and CHIP.